Friday, January 22, 2010

For the MOMS!

This is for all you moms out there. I'm curious how everyone else handles their homes so I'm hoping I'll get some comments on this blog.
Do you ever feel like a lineworker doing the same thing over and over again?
How many times do you pick up the house?
How many times do you do dishes?
How often do you do laundry?
How many meals a day do you prepare?
What other things do you do throughout the day that are soooo repetitive?
Are you the type that just does one big sweep of the whole house after the day is over? Or do you do it again and again?
I'm just curious how some of us keep our sanity doing the same things over. Don't get me wrong for the most part I love it but some days I think. "Didn't I just do that!" I guess it's one of those days that you watch the snow and wish for that trip that I'm sure most of us are planning to get away from this weather.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's pretty much my life right there...

    I'll answer in order of your questions:
    1-- Yes. I call it "Groundhog Day."
    2-- 2-3 times during the day. Once at night. Ridiculous.
    3-- I do dishes after every meal.
    4-- I wash clothes every day, but only fold once a week (on a good week -- sometimes I fold less than that.)
    5-- 3 meals a day + snacks when I remember to.
    6-- Nag kids to do their very simple jobs (make your bed, put your stinkin' backpack away, put your shoes away, put away your toys!). Really, though, it's laundry, cooking, and picking up that are the daily grind.
    7-- No, I clean up again and again, but it always seems to need another sweep right at the end of the day.
    8-- The only way I keep my sanity is blogging, talking to friends, and getting away every once in a while. Date nights every week are huge for me because they keep me sane, plus a weekend away here and there. That's always so nice.
    Also, I have noticed that now that I have a Kindergartner, the days go by more quickly, which is sort of nice and sort of crazy at the same time.

    Come visit more. We'll let the kids trash my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I gave up on cleaning. Stockton and I scrubbed the floor yesterday. He kept saying, "This is so much fun. Can we do this again someday?" He's three and has no recollection of scrubbing the floor. Makes you want to come visit me!

    ReplyDelete